Teach your kids under 12 years of age that saving can be fun with an APL FCU Kids Account. The minimum balance for a kids account is only $5, and each new account holder will receive a $5 Chick-fil-A gift card.
- Available to all members under 12 years old
- Competitive interest rate for account balances over $50
- Converts to a Regular Savings account when the child turns 12
Open Kids Account
Young Adult Accounts
APL FCU is here to help you throughout your life changes. As your child grows, teach them financial responsibility at an early age. You may apply jointly for a Visa ® Debit Card for your 15 - 17 year old. They will get all the same benefits you get with your Visa ® Debit Card and you'll be able to rest easy knowing you can:
- Monitor their spending behaviors online
- Transfer money directly from your account into theirs
- Begin teaching them how to live within their means
- Protect them from overspending as the card will be declined if funds are not available at the time of purchase
- Avoid ATM fees with access to thousands of surcharge-free ATM locations throughout the country
Open Young Adult Account
To add a Debit Card to a current membership, please log into eBranch to fill out an application.
Your college bound student will benefit from this package.
- Free Checking - no minimum balance or monthly service charges; includes Free Visa Debit Card
- Surcharge-Free ATM Access - tens of thousands of Allpoint machines across the country
- Mobile and eBranch Access - students and parents can check account balances and history any time of day
- Mobile Check Deposit - no need to send checks home - just snap, tap and deposit
- eStatements - electronic delivery gets to them no matter where they are attending school
- Visa Credit Card - purchasing power with no annual fee
- Savings Secured Visa - a credit card alternative that uses pledged funds from your Savings Account. A great way for a young adult to build credit without a co-signer
- Line of Credit - extra cash available any time (up to their predetermined credit line), or it can be used as Overdraft Protection for their checking account
The best part - with your joint membership, you will be able to monitor their spending habits to make sure they are practicing good budgeting skills.
Open College Account
Vacation & Holiday Accounts
Use these accounts to keep your holiday and vacation money separate from your regular savings account.
- Earns same rate as our Regular Savings Account
- Minimum balance of $5 to open the account
- Unlimited withdrawals and deposits
- Dividends are calculated daily, compounded and paid monthly on balances of $50 or more
- Set up recurring transfers to effortlessly reach your goals
To open a Vacation or Holiday Account, sign into eBranch and use the Member Form options to apply. You may also call us at 443.778.5250 to establish the new account. New Vacation/Holiday Accounts will have the same ownership access already established on the existing APL FCU membership. Any existing joint owners on the current membership will have full authority to perform any transaction on the new Vacation/Holiday Account.